New to calibre?
calibre is intuitive, but also very powerful. To quickly start using it, get the most out of it or get assistance and tips, you can check out:
- The Grand Tour introductory video that will show you how to set up calibre and what its main features are.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list that will help you resolve common issues.
- The Blog that has some easy to follow walk-throughs from a layman’s perspective.
- When you run calibre for the first time, a Quick Start Guide is automatically added to your calibre library
- The comprehensive User Manual that will show you how to do almost anything in calibre.
- And finally, a forum where you can ask any question you might have and get answers.
You can also check out calibre’s Facebook and Twitter pages to connect with other users.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, you can also check out some of the calibre tutorials:
- Basic video tutorials that will show you how to use calibre’s e-book editor and tweak the interface.
- ABCs of e-book format conversion, by John Schember.
- A step-by-step guide on converting HTML and Microsoft Word formats using calibre.
- How to Install calibre on Your Synology NAS.
- Another step-by-step guide on creating EPUB files starting from OpenOffice and Word, by the University of Leicester.
Resources in languages other than English
- First, and most importantly, the calibre User Manual is available in many different languages. Just click the Change language link in the sidebar to view it in a different language.
- The Quick Start Guide is also available in a few different languages
- A Beginner's Guide in German